Today the folks from Cupertino really brought it strong. Lots of great updates for techies like me.
NOTE: All coverage comes courtesy of the good folks at:
Engadget, iLounge and MacRumors. (Folks like us who can’t make it there live and die by your guys. Thanks.)
Here we go:
- Now offered in three sizes: 2Gb, 4Gb and 8Gb models.
- Slightly thinner design than previous Nano.
- Offered in five colors, but….
- Each model comes in different color offerings:
- 2Gb offered in silver only.
- 4Gb offered in silver, pink, blue and green.
- 8Gb offered in silver, pink, blue, green and black (although the store appears to only be offering in black. Hmmm.)
- Battery life increased to 24-hours.
- Screen is 40% brighter.
- Price – 2Gb – $149, 4Gb – $199, 8Gb – $249
- Available today
- Significantly smaller design (Apple claims that it is the “world’s smallest mp3 player”.)
- Offered in one configuration – 1Gb.
- Player is now brushed silver in design.
- Price – $79
- Ships in October 2006
- Same dimensions as previous 5G iPod.
- Offered in two configurations – 30Gb and 80Gb.
- 60% brighter display.
- “Gapless playback”. (Sounds as if songs will fade in from one song to another without the pause.)
- Improved battery life. (20 hours audio and 6.5 hours video playback for 80Gb model. 14 hours audio and 3.5 hours video playback for 30Gb model.)
- New search feature, which allows user to use clickwheel to spell and search text.
- Both sizes offered in black and white.
- Price – $249 for 30Gb, $349 for 80Gb
- Available today.