Engadget got the scoop the night before the announcement (Wed night – September 13). And sure enough, the Zune was announced on September 14th. (I received a few e-mails asking me for my thoughts — appreciate you patience with me as I’d been swamped.) So, what do we now know about the Zune?
- 30 GB hard drive
- Built in FM tuner
- 3-inch screen
- Plays audio (music), video (movies) and displays pictures
- QVGA Display (Resolution is 320×240)
- Codec supports H.264, mp3, AAC and WMA
- Wireless Zune-to-Zune sharing of music
- Offered in white, black and brown
- No release date announced
- No price announced
I’ll offer my thoughts on the announcement later today.
Story details courtesy of Engadget.com